Re: [K12OSN] duplex problem with new switch

That's a good way to do it.

Here's another way, if you're on good terms w/ the network folks: just lock down whatever switch port to 100M/FDX that eth1's sitting on. That's how we do it for our SASIxp servers.

BTW, it sound like you have a Catalyst 1900-series switch. Cisco used to make a 1912 and a 1924 with a bunch of 10M ports and two 100M uplinks.

--TP

Les Bell wrote:

Gentgeen <gentgeen linuxmail org> wrote:

So at this point I am lost.  Where can I but those options so that it
works on boot-up, but does not mess with eth1?
<<

Edit /etc/modules.conf so that it has these lines:

alias eth0 3c59x
options eth0 debug=1 options=4 full_duplex=1

That should fix it for just eth0, but not eth1.

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]