[K12OSN] after boot keyboard/mouse no longer work

Title: Message
Summer is here, and I'm going through our heap of "tax write-offs" that were donated to the school.
was lucky enough to get 8 machines with identical hardware configs and all that jazz...
issue is ...they boot up via floppy and I get the login screen...but 1/2 way through the boot process
the num-lock light on the keyboard goes out and from that point on there is no keyboard or mouse response.
up until that time you can hit the num-lock key and get the visual confimation that info is go'n to and fro..

at-keyboards non-ps...and serial mice...

in dos they work fine...and they work well enough to type 'n' to boot from network as well =)

--Huck