[K12OSN] Ignorance is bliss..but this is outrageous...

Title: Message
at one of the schools I support..there is a decision being made to incorporate 'FLASH' into the computer curriculm...

Flash in and of itself is not bad...but teaching it as a primary design tool for webpages IS BAD.

It's nearly as bad as teaching Frontpage without explaining HTML or CSS in order to learn how to design and develop a decent website.

I need help in explaining that adhering to a standard and teaching the concepts behind the standard is more important than having flashy moving objects and animations on a website.

The worst part is the people involved in making the ultimate decision and providing the teaching currently have zero experience with Flash or any sort of Web page design.

How would you go about nipping this in the bud given the decision isn't yours?

--Huck