[K12OSN] Help a newbie, too many variables...

Matthew Ross mross at esd165.org
Sun Jun 27 08:34:39 UTC 2004

Carl, there could be a couple of things wrong here:

1. Are you on the correct network to connect to your server? You need to
be on the same network as your Eth0 network card on your server. While
this may seem obvious, you should double check to make sure.

2. Is the card updated to a new enough version of PXE? Check to see if
there is a firmware update for your card. I have a bunch of DELL GXa's
which won't boot until I update the Bios (Which updates the firmware for
the onboard NIC). I've also seen PCI cards which support PXE boot but
won't boot to LTSP until they've been upgraded as well.

Hope this helps.

--Matt Ross