[K12OSN] Help a newbie, too many variables...

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Jun 28 06:06:51 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 00:30, Carl Keil wrote:

> That was a breakthrough, now I'm hung at Mounting root filesystem:
> /opt/ltsp/i386 from 192.168.0.254
>
> Any ideas how to get past this stage?  My home directory isn't empty, so I
> improvised a /temphome directory for /etc/exports/  and nfs.conf

Do a 'showmount -e' on the server to make sure it really
is exporting the /opt/ltsp/i386 directory.  If you have
another linux box on the network, try  'showmount -e your_server'
from there or try to mount it somewhere as a test.  I keep
a dual-boot laptop around to test things like that.
You might need to do an 'exportfs -a' or stop and start the
nfs service if you have changed /etc/exports.  You
don't need do anything special with home directories until
you do something more exotic like putting them on a different
server than the k12ltsp server(s).

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com