[K12OSN] K12 v4.0.0 unstable?

Jonathan Carter jonathan at shuttleworthfoundation.org
Thu Mar 25 15:29:07 UTC 2004

Hi List,

I hope you guys can help me. I work for a non-profit in South Africa.
We've installed almost 30 computer labs in schools using K12 3.1.4 and
recently 4.0.0.

The problem is, the servers that runs 4.0.0 seems to freeze more often
than the 3.1.4 servers. Actually, the 3.1.4 servers seem quite solid.

The specs vary, most common hardware in the servers are gigabyte intel
875 boards and s-ata hard drives.

Have any of you guys experienced problems with 4? Is there something I
can do to improve the stability? Or is it just co-incedence?

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks and regards
Jonathan