[K12OSN] How Many Clients - Bigmem Problem?

jsiler at varnett.com jsiler at varnett.com
Tue Mar 30 14:53:40 UTC 2004

It looks like we are going to receive funding for the below setup:

Dell Poweredge Servers:

1 x SLOX SUSE 4 way 2.8Ghz Xeon 2Mb Cashe/32GB Ram/3x73 SCSI RAID5 Rack
Mount (email & web)

8 x K12LTS 2 way 3.2Ghz  Xeon 1Mb Cashe/12GB Ram/3x73 SCSI RAID5 Rack Mount
(Linux Terminal)

2 x MS 2003 Terminal Server 200 CAL 2 way 3.2Ghz Xeon 1Mb Cashe/12GB
Ram/3x73 SCSI RAID5 Rack Mount (Windows Terminal)

I am not a Linux guru but I had to make a quick decision on hardware to meet
a funding deadline.

Can anyone give me a estimate of how many clients this setup should handle?

How many problems will I have with bigmem?