[K12OSN] Samba Migration

Caleb Wagnon cwagnon at redbugmail.k12.ar.us
Wed Mar 3 15:54:31 UTC 2004

Ok, I've done NT > Samba migrations and Novell > Samba migrations. Just never
done a Samba > Samba migration =). We currently have Samba 3.0.2a running on
Redhat 8 (with some forced libraries). 2 36 gig scsi drives. I've got an
additional 36 gig drive I'm goin to use to play around with spring break to do
a test migration. Anyway here are my desired results:

3 36 gig drives striped with WBEL installed with Samba services.

I've never done a samba to samba migration. Any tips on migrating the home
directories? Is there anything else I need to transfer other than /etc/samba
and var/lib/samba? (I don't have a /var/cache/samba) and the unix users and
groups of course. I've had a million things running at once and I want some
fresh minds to look at this =)

--
Caleb Wagnon MCP A+ CCNA
Technology Coordinator