[K12OSN] Tux Math Question for Caleb

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Mar 12 09:10:02 UTC 2004

I saw in the Tux Paint website post you said that you run Tux Math and
Tux Paint on 60 Terminals and 30 lab machines.  What type of hardware
are you using that allows you to play Tux Math in an acceptable fashion?
My experience is that it runs great on a local machine, but my LTSP
experience is very..very sluggish.  I think both programs would be an
awesome fit in our lower grade schools but I just can't get the speed
where it is useable.  If you could fill in the following list it would
be extremely helpful:

Server Hardware:

Network Hardware:

Terminal Hardware:

Anything else you feel relevant:

I have a bunch of schools in our area on the verge of switching next
year to LTSP for labs and teacher machines simply based off of a verbal
argument, and when it comes time to wow them with actual hardware I want
to be sure I can do it.

Thanks

---