[K12OSN] K12LTSP Server RAM question

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Wed Mar 24 00:02:46 UTC 2004

I'm being told that utilizing a 32bit processor, my server will be
limited to 4 gigs of usable RAM...
anyone know the validity of this statement and if it IS valid how many
machines am I looking at being
able to run even with dual p4 2.8Ghz processors?

I'm almost to crunch time where I spend my $5k or so on a server for
this solution now that I got those G3's
working with the little test server...

client...
So if 4gigs is the RAM limitation...reserving 256 MB for the server
itself...
I'd only be able to connect about 30 clients total simultaneously...and
this would be at the lower end of
performance I would think?

Verifiable? Suggestions?

--Huck