[K12OSN] More on My openoffice printing dellima

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Mar 25 15:07:25 UTC 2004

You may have already looked into this, but I'll mention it as it's bitten me a
couple of times: Be sure your users have the default paper type set to Letter
and not A4, or most printers in the US won't print it.

Assuming that's not the issue, you might try to monitor the print spooler
directory to see if anything is getting there; if it is, but nothing's printing,
that would suggest something in the file isn't kosher.  I think the directory is
somewhere under /var/spool/cups if you're using cups, and /var/spool/lpd if
you're using lpd.  HTH.

One other thing to try: have a user print to a file, postscript, pdf, or
otherwise, and see if that comes out.

Petre