[K12OSN] [Ltsp-discuss] Novell and LTSP

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri May 7 19:44:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 22:50, jam at McQuil.Com wrote:

> At this point, I'm very interested in what Novell can offer to
> our little project.  At the very least, they are helping to legitimize
> it.

Ltsp is great if you scale the topology to the server sizes and
this just happens to match typical lab/class sizes and probably
is tolerable in a company with some administration expertise to
tune the layout. However, Novell might be able to give it more
of an enterprise flavor by making it scale automatically by just
tossing some more servers in a pool as you add clients.  Or maybe
by making it possible to run local apps transparently if you have
a faster CPU.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com