[K12OSN] Re: Winbind won't start

Joe Faletra jfaletra at sau16.org
Mon May 24 16:45:41 UTC 2004

I was missing the idmap uid and the idmap gid lines in my smb.conf.
Still having password auithentication issues.

What do you have in your smb.conf for password backend or password
program etc....

Joe

"David Trask" <dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us> writes:
>"Joe Faletra" <jfaletra at sau16.org> writes:
>>I posted this issue originally as I couldn't get an XP system to
>>connect to a K12LTSP "domain"  It turned out that smbd was not
>starting
>>on boot.  Fixed that problem now however, winbind will not start at
>all
>>
>>Ideas?
>
>No...but I'll explore....I'm running into similar little things in my
>development of a new Samba/LDAP...once I work them out I'll let you
>know...get me a little bit of time.  Otherwise....keep trying and keep
>me
>posted.
>
>Actually after a little exploring...why are you trying to run Winbind?
>Are you trying to integrate a Win2K server?  I'm not using winbind at
>all
>and I have an XP network.
>
>David N. Trask
>Technology Teacher/Coordinator
>Vassalboro Community School
>dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
>(207)923-3100

Joe Faletra
School Administrative Unit 16
Districts Manager for Technology Support Services
T: 603-775-8576
F: 603-775-8487
http://www.sau16.org

DO NOT READ, COPY, OR DISSEMINATE THIS COMMUNICATION UNLESS YOU ARE THE
INTENDED ADDRESSEE.  This e-mail communication contains confidential
and/or privileged information that is intended only for the addressee.
If you have received this communication in error, please call us
immediately at 603-775-8680 and ask to speak to the sender of the
communication.  Also please immediately notify the sender via e-mail
that you have received the communication in error.  Please note e-mail
may be corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late, be incomplete or
contain viruses.  The sender does not accept liability which arises as
a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification of this message is
required, please request a hard copy version at 603-775-8680.