[K12OSN] Mozilla and proxy setup

Stephen sdw2 at shineonline.co.nz
Thu May 6 10:58:37 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Hope this helps someone - I saw the FAQ has a note requesting info on
how to set up an LTSP with Mozilla.

Till now I've edited /usr/lib/mozilla-1.xxxxx/defaults/pref/all.js.
Inside all.js, search for "network.proxy" and edit the settings. Once
you edit all.js, any new users that are created will inherit the proxy
settings set in all.js (If you want to check what the settings should
be, prior to editing all.js, add a new user, and then set up the Mozilla
proxy. Then do a search on prefs.js in the .mozilla folder of the new
user and see what Mozilla did)

Here is another way I found today.. haven't used it yet. It also
includes the preference for presetting the home page.

http://developer.novell.com/research/appnotes/2003/january/04/a0301044.htm

Regards
Stephen