[K12OSN] Unable to boot from CD to install K12 LSTP 4.0.1

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri May 7 23:16:56 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 04:58, Luke Maslany wrote:

> I am at a loss.  The CD's still will not boot on the test
> machine, even though other distributions boot successfully,
> using the same CDR's, burned at the same speed.

Did you try the obvious thing?  Create a boot floppy from
the /images/bootdisk.img file on the CD and boot with
both the floppy and CD in the machine.  That's the approach
you would use on a machine that didn't have the option to
boot directly from the CD.   The RH9 instructions should still
work:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-guide/s1-steps-install-cdrom.html#S2-STEPS-MAKE-DISKS

---
  Les Mikesell