[K12OSN] server needs

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Mon May 10 14:31:07 UTC 2004

I find that the Supermicro MB work very nicely.  NCS is running 40-50 clients off of X5DP8-G2 with 4Gb memory, 2010s zero channel RAID card and using 15K SCSI drives. (18.2GB are rather inexpensive)

MB specs: http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/E7501/X5DP8-G2.cfm

Other on the list have used Tyan, etc.  Search the archives for this, it is routinely discussed.  I know that I have sent the complete specs for NCS servers at least once.  :)

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins