[K12OSN] Help to convince school

Richard K. Ingalls ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us
Wed May 12 14:17:35 UTC 2004

daniel.hunt at iibbank.ie wrote:
> So I motioned the possibility of Linux - the computer teacher's ears perked
> :p He's interested in it, but is basically 95% swaying towards Windows,
> despite the ridiculous pricing.
> Basically, how can I try to convince him to go with K12LTSP? I really think
> it'd help them - with the only problem being that he doesnt mind the
> students playing networked computer games, but obviously with K12 that won't
> be possible.

I think it is possible, just not practical in terms of bandwidth, to
play networked games.

> He's had words with various other computer teachers (all use windows ...
> naturally :o)) and he's come back to me saying that he's seriously thinking
> of windows - help me bring him to the dark side! :D

Don't you mean to bring him FROM the dark side?

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
  for that which he cannot lose."
  -- Jim Elliott

RICHARD K. INGALLS
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District
West Plains, MO

email..ringalls (at) glenwood.k12.mo.us
web....http://glenwood.k12.mo.us
ph.....417.256.4849
fax....417.257.2567

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters
  of the very same story which is written across
  the whole world in letters too large
  for some of us to see."
  -- C. S. Lewis