[K12OSN] lilo config? MBR hosery? boot issues...

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat May 15 01:45:34 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 19:02, anthony baldwin wrote:

> bash-2.05b$ rpm -q kernel
> kernel-2.4.22-1.2166.nptl
>
> Which stumps me.  Before the update I had at least 7 kernels showing
> when lilo came up.  Someof them were just older kernels, but I don't se
> them now.  An smp and the bigmem were also listed.  It was booting the
> bibmem, for no apparent reason, but it was working so I left it alone.
> I'm not sure what to remove here, either, and what to keep.
> What's an nptl kernel?

Nptl is the new posix threading model - Redhat started shipping
it with RH9.   If you do a 'yum update' you'll get
2.4.22-1.2188.nptl.  Smp is for multiple processors, bigmem is
for more than 4 gigs of ram.

I thought your problem might have been that /boot was out
of space but I see from your other message that wasn't it.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com