[K12OSN] Why Linux?

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at snet.net
Fri Nov 5 20:07:22 UTC 2004

Thomas E. Haynes wrote:

>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: k12osn-bounces at redhat.com
>>[mailto:k12osn-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jason
>>Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 12:36 PM
>>To: Support list for opensource software in schools.
>>Subject: [K12OSN] Why Linux?

I haven't really followed this thread.
I suppose folks have mentioned how a cross-platform education is more
likely to turn out computer savvy students, not just Micro$laves.  I
know people have mentioned security, stability and finance as reasons.
But how about: Just because Linux ROCKS!  and is more fun!
Also, of course, one of my reasons for using it in the classroom is that
I am in fervent accord with the principles of collaboration, sharing and
freedom that the OSS community usually embodies, as clearly exhibited on
this list.  I believe that those values are the ones we need to
inculcate in our charges so that they can be productive, compassionate
members of their communities.

tony

--
Anthony Baldwin