[K12OSN] Server Help! (a little desperate)

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Sat Oct 2 01:09:50 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 15:52, Shawn Powers wrote:
> Guy Lessard wrote:
> > Did you recently added a new or updated software/daemon?
>
> Just thought of one more addition I did today -- I have been trying to
> get a USB keydrive to work on my thin client.  Not sure how or if that
> could effect the server, but wanted to toss it in there.

You didn't plug it into the server around the time it froze did you?  My
PC was freezing sometimes when I moved the desk to plug in yet another
nic to my development client.  I figured something was strange but it
became irritating when I found I could not plug in the usb key to the
front ports without killing the machine.

I pulled it apart and noticed that the screws of the vid card were
awfully close to the firewire slot.  I pulled the firewire slot (since I
have no supported devices) and it has worked great ever since.

Good luck

Tim