[K12OSN] Improve loading time for OOo

Samps samps at redjocks.com
Fri Oct 22 06:36:42 UTC 2004

Samps wrote:
> Just about ready to deploy four LTSP servers on our school network. Most
> is working great. :-)
>
> OpenOffice loads a bit slow tho'.

The reason for OOo slow-loading (50 seconds, consistently) was
apparently caused by lack of internet access. A DNS lookup unsatisfied
or the like.

Today I deployed the LTSP servers and connected them, through our proxy
server, to our Internet router and, as if by magic, OOo loads first
program in less than fifteen seconds, subsequent programs instantly.

Thanks for all the suggestions, some of which helped me solve other,
probably unrelated, problems.

cheers
Samps