[K12OSN] #$%@$Student hotmail not working

Ben Nickell twinprism at athena.physics.isu.edu
Wed Oct 20 15:17:11 UTC 2004

>> Anyway, I guess that no one else is having hotmail email trouble, so,
>> yes, it must be dansgardain.  I have exceptions sites for:
>> logon.passport.com
>> msn.ca
>> msn.com
>> hotmail.com
>> but still, all of the boxes hang at login.  I haven't  changed
>> anything on my IPCop box for a week or so.  I tried installing
>> firefox, and it hangs at hotmail.com logon, too.

Interesting.  I am just noticed that hotmail (and other sites that
require a login) are not working from my wife's windows laptop on my
home network (linux NAT K12ltsp 4.0.x) since sometime yesterday.  What
is interesting is that firefox, going through my squidguard proxy works
fine.  While IE, using the proxy or not, is not working for these sites
only.

I haven't looked much farther than that, because she can use firefox and
I don't really care if hotmail works.

If I find anything, I'll let you know.

Ben