[K12OSN] Client Screen Resolution

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Thu Sep 2 01:14:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 02:50, Petre Scheie wrote:
> To my knowledge, you have to specify the resolution for a given client
> in the lts.conf file.  This, of course, is a pain if you have a bunch of
> clients since you then have to have a specific config section for each
> such client.  Typically, you have something like this in lts.conf:
>
> [ws002]
> #       XSERVER            = ati
>         XSERVER            = auto
> #       X_MODE_0           = 1280x1024
>         X_MODE_0           = 1600x1200
>         X_HORZSYNC      =       31-90
>         X_VERTREFRESH   =       60-85
> #       X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "Microsoft"
> #       X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/ttyS0"
>         RUNLEVEL           = 5
>
> Here you can see I was fooling around with different resolutions for the
> client called ws002.  In some places you may read that you can specify
> different resolutions like this:
>
> X_MODE_0           = 1280x1024
> X_MODE_1           = 1600x1200
> X_MODE_2           = 800x600

For really crappy monitors even 640x480 mode may be needed. How memory
on your display card? If it is less than 1mb then you can only get
640x480!
Sometimes you may have to specify the entire mode line including sync
rates etc. Look at the top of lts.conf file on standard k12ltsp install
and try using the lines with lower frequency by copying them into the
section for relevant terminal.
HTH
--
Sudev Barar