[K12OSN] Cyrix display chip

Jonathan Carter jonathan at shuttleworthfoundation.org
Mon Sep 13 08:43:50 UTC 2004

Hi K12OSN List

We're installing thin clients in schools using K12LTSP 4.0.1 and K12LTSP
4.1. Our new batch of donated thin clients uses the Cyrix 5530 display
chip, which doesn't seem to work if I use the "cyrix" driver in the
lts.conf file.

It works using the "vesa" driver, but graphics is painfully slow.

Is there an updated cyrix driver I can download somewhere? Or are there
extra kernel parameters that I need to specify somewhere?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jonathan