[K12OSN] Looking for video performance solutions

Adam Reitsma areitsma at littletonschools.org
Fri Apr 1 18:09:50 UTC 2005

Hello!,

One of the issues I have come across is the video performance using the
k12 terminal server.  For basic stuff its fine but load something more
graphical such as TuxMath it can take serveral minutes to load.  I
assume its a coding/development/technology issue because if I remotely
connect using VNC, all applications are loading almost instant including
more graphical ones such as TuxMath.

Are there settings I can change for this performance issue?  Is it part
of the PXE boot image or server settings itself?  Network related?

It doesn't seem to be hardware related, I have used a homemade built
terminal and a terminal from disklessworkstations.com.  The result is
still the same...

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks,

Adam Reitsma