[K12OSN] Given this situation, why bother continue with LTSP?

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 17:01:24 UTC 2005

> And is anyone using PXE with the dell GX150s? We
> are using floppies with our current setup, which is resulting in
> confusion and some problems ("what's this disk in here..hmm..must be
> old - I'll just toss it out" Even though they have written on them DO> NOT REMOVE!)d

>From Dell website for GX150's...

MBA (Onboard NIC) — Selecting MBA UNDI allows the system to boot from
the network server. The MBA UNDI option appears under Boot Sequence
only if the Network Interface Controller option is set to On w/MBA. If
the Network Interface Controller option is set to On or Off, set it to
On w/MBA and then press <Alt><b> to save the change and reboot the
system. MBA UNDI then appears under Boot Sequence.

Subtle plug:  my company sells GX150's refurbished to schools and
school districts for $199/$209 at www.k12computers.com...  (sorry!)

--
Steve Hargadon
916-899-1400 direct