[K12OSN] Apple Computer Question

Mark Sarria mes4294 at lausd.k12.ca.us
Tue Apr 26 15:47:22 UTC 2005

This has now become a challenge for me; I made the suggested changes; using
IP instead of name and removing the space from the base search. I even added
the addition of configuring SMB. The iBook is know in my workgroup and
shares its files just fine. But I still can't get it to authenticate. In the
Directory Access program I did find a quick way to test my set up. Next to
Directory Access on the top menus is Server --> Connect. I tried connecting
to the server and got this message:

(using: 10.230.24.4 --root--******)

Can't connect to server
Directory Services may not be installed on the remote server, they may be
turned of, or the URL may have been entered incorrectly.

I performed a default install of the k12-Fedore OS and configured LDAP using
the Script.

Am I to make changes to the default configuration of the script?

Am I missing something- (like Netatalk) ?

Is there a scheme I must add ?

Just possible questions I am asking myself to get this working?

--thanks for your time and help

-mark