[K12OSN] OpenOffice vs StarOffice

Liam Marshall lsrpm-1 at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 27 20:29:02 UTC 2005

Seeing as how StarOffice is FREE to educational Institutes, and K12LTSP is an educational remix/remaster of Redhat/Fedora, would it be possible for the next incarnation to have StarOffice instead of OpenOffice?

OpenOffice is not bad, but it loads slower than StarOffice, hangs more often, seems to take up more resources, and does not have near the features

Am I way out to lunch here or would such be possible?  The reason I ask is that I am planning for next year and would like to have staroffice only (never figured out how to get rid of OpenOffice) and it would be nice if it was automatically configured for use by each user the way OpenOffice is now.

Input?  Comments?