[K12OSN] compiling KTouch 1.5....I'm stuck...more info...check my log file

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue Aug 2 15:10:55 UTC 2005

Never mind....I did a more complete install of K12LTSP and selected the
dev libraries.....it's now compiling....yay!  I'll let you know how it
works.

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Mon Aug  1 2005 at 21:25 +0000 wrote:
>I've posted my config.log file here
>http://www.vcsvikings.org/share/config.log  (it's text so you should be
>able to read in browser) to help indicate where the problem may
>lie....problem is I cannot seem to figure it out.  I could use some help.
>
>I'm trying to compile KTouch 1.5 from the sourceforge site so that
>hopefully I can have the statistics back like the old version as I use
>KTouch as a major part of my typing curriculum for 5th grade.  Anyway...I
>downloaded the source....untarred it....and began to run ./configure  It
>goes through and then ends with an error that "/lib/cpp failed sanity
>check"  I'm assuming that I don't have a C++ compiler installed correctly,
>but am unsure as to where to go next.  I'd appreciate any help...even wild
>stabs in the dark.  Also if anyone out there would like to build an RPM of
>the newest KTouch version....we'd all be "wicked" appreciative!  :-)
>
>The newest KTouch won't become part of KDEedu until KDE 3.5....I can't
>wait that long  :-(

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School