[K12OSN] "realPlayer 10 for Linux is here"

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 16 12:23:46 UTC 2005

Hello everyone:

Congrats to everyone on the Best in Show win at Linux World. I sure hope
there is some article written about this that I can draw from to put in
our school newsletter....

Now for the problem at hand: I need to see if I can get streaming
content from NPR for our high school science teacher, and stumbled
across the "realPlayer 10 for Linux is here" announcement when I
followed the link in realPlayer:
http://www.real.com/linux?pcode=rn&src=freeplayer_partner&opage=freeplayer_partner

The information says it is based on an open source project called Helix
-- anyone tried this yet, or can anyone tell me whether it is worth trying?

Thanks much,

Rita Gibson
RMSELTech