[K12OSN] 64bit ISOs, almost beta-ready

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Thu Dec 15 04:43:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, fsosa wrote:

> Hey Eric,
> Man, I wish I had more time to help test.  I think that will have to
> wait for vacation.   Not sure if the problems I have now would have
> made it into your new version.  But, if there's a possibility of that,
> I did have problems with the acroread plugin making firefox *poof*.
> And opening the Open File applet on most of kde-edu apps froze the
> whole server.
>
> Keep up the good work!

I just loaded every single kdeedu app and tested Open File. No crashes.

The firefox/acroread problem can be fixed by running "setarch i386"
before starting firefox. I'll rebuild the firefox package to do that
auto-magically, just in case other plugins get confused about which
arch they are running on vs the arch that firefox was built against.

Thanks for the bug reports, I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!

-Eric