[K12OSN] dhcpd and tftp
robowens at myway.com
Thu Feb 17 01:34:41 UTC 2005
I need to clarify a few things to help me in my troubleshooting.
1) option root-path this should be "<serveripaddress>:/opt/ltsp/i386", right? (I am using i386 machines)
2) filename this should be something like "/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.26-ltsp-2", right?
3) vmlinuz-2.4.26-ltsp-2 should be located in /tftpboot/lts, right? (tftpd is called with -s /tftpboot)
4) In /tftpboot/lts I also have a 2.4.26-ltsp-2 directory. I think this is only used for PXE booting, is that right?
5) Is there an initrd file that needs to be placed somewhere? Perhaps with vmlinuz=2.4.26-ltsp-2?
cat /var/log/daemons/info shows me that my terminal is being offerred an IP address, but nothing else is happenning and the terminal doesn't boot. I'm trying to figure out why.
As you can probably tell, I'm not using a default K12LTSP install. Due to a limited supply of hardware, I am installing ltsp on top of an already-existing Mandrake box as a test. But it looks like I'm the one being tested...
No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com
More information about the K12OSN