[K12OSN] Kill User processes on log-off

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 23 15:04:13 UTC 2005

In my 3.x install, all proccesses for a user were killed at both ends.  A
script ran at logon that killed all processes and also at logoff.  I wish I
could find it.  I don't seem to have a need for it this year.

I don't know if this was standard on the 3.x, or if I added it at someone's
suggestion.

Jim

<snip>

The problem with this solution is that it only works if the user has logged
out.
For example a pulled powercord or a network failiure will bypass the
Postsession
script. Due to a problem (feature?) in gdm (Gnome Display Manager) the
session
isnt cleaned up. There are a bug filed on this so if they find a fix i think
we
should use it on ltsp. I have had numerous clients who cant log in or
experience
strange errors in ooffice and other apps in because of orphaned processes.
This
have most often occured after one of the client has died or lost
connectivity.

If anyone has a solution to this im happy as a pig =)
</snip>