[K12OSN] Report says apache is both on and off

Robert Lefebvre robert.r.lefebvre at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 01:25:44 UTC 2005

Can someone tell me how to fix the mess I made or should I just start
over with a new os install. I've got multiple apache installs. I can
turn it off and it says it is runnung. I turn it on and it says it was
off.
Here is the log. I hope I didn't post too much.

[root at server lampp]# stop
bash: stop: command not found
[root at server lampp]# ./lampp stop
Stopping XAMPP for Linux 1.4.11...
XAMPP: XAMPP-Apache is not running.
XAMPP: Stopping MySQL...
XAMPP: Stopping ProFTPD...
XAMPP stopped.
[root at server lampp]# ./lampp start
Starting XAMPP for Linux 1.4.11...
XAMPP: An Apache daemon is already running.
XAMPP: Starting MySQL...
XAMPP: Starting ProFTPD...
XAMPP for Linux started.
[root at server lampp]# stop apache
bash: stop: command not found
[root at server lampp]# stopapache
bash: stopapache: command not found
[root at server lampp]# ./lamp stopapache
bash: ./lamp: No such file or directory
[root at server lampp]# ./lampp stopapache
XAMPP: XAMPP-Apache is not running.
[root at server lampp]# ./lampp startapache
XAMPP: An Apache daemon is already running.
[root at server lampp]# ,/lampp stopapache
bash: ,/lampp: No such file or directory
[root at server lampp]# ./lampp stopapache
XAMPP: XAMPP-Apache is not running.
[root at server lampp]# rpm -qa |grep php
php-mysql-4.3.10-3.2
php-4.3.10-3.2
php-pear-4.3.10-3.2
[root at server lampp]# cd
[root at server ~]# service mysqld start
Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon.
Starting MySQL:                                            [FAILED]
[root at server ~]# cd /opt/lampp
[root at server lampp]# stopmysql
bash: stopmysql: command not found
[root at server lampp]# ./lampp stopmysql
XAMPP: Stopping MySQL...
[root at server lampp]# ./lampp service mysqld start