[K12OSN] Digital PC 500 video problem

Alan A Hodson ahodson at elp.rr.com
Fri Jan 28 13:52:01 UTC 2005

Hi folks

If you have access to information regarding Digital PC 500 computers,
perhaps you can post/share information. I have a school that has
about a dozen of these donated creatures sitting unused - the
principal is wanting to use these machines for a Parent Center in a
neighborhood that REALLY could use one! When I try loading ANY linux
the monitor fills with vertical lines, and the cursor leaves a trail,
rendering then visually useless.

The problem seems to be a video card incompatibility. How/where can I
determine what type of video card these Digital PC 500 have, and how
do I determine what version of Linux or what patch to load?
Brainstorm suggestions gladly accepted.

Thanks for the tips and help

Alan A Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX