[K12OSN] Installing Moodle, MySql, and PHP

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Sun Jan 30 03:35:13 UTC 2005

> I'm a newbie (that will become obvious) and I'm trying to get Moodle
> (a php-mysql based script) to run on K12. I didn't see any sign of
> Mysql or Php being on the original install but I don't know my way
> around yet to say that for sure. I downloaded MySql, PHP, and Moodle
> and unpacked them to usr/local/src. Then I'm not sure what I did but
> I seem to remember placing a code in the terminal that told me both were
> installed.

The best start would probably be with using yum.

Here is a quick guide on building what is referred to as a LAMP server:
http://myy.helia.fi/~karte/kurssit/lamp-linux-apache-mysql-php-
quickstart.html

This should at least get you through setting up apache, php, and mysql to
talk to each other.  Once that is done you can move on to configuring moodle.