[K12OSN] USB Device Support on thin clients

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Jan 4 21:46:08 UTC 2005

This may be a stupid question but here it goes :-)

What do I do if I want to configure more than one usb device on a thin
client?  Say I want a printer and a mouse, individually they would be
setup as follows:

Printer:
MODULE_01 = usb-ohci
MODULE_02 = printer
PRINTER_0_DEVICE = /dev/usb/lp0
PRINTER_0_TYPE = S

Mouse:
MODULE_01 = usb-ohci
MODULE_02 = mousedev
MODULE_03 = usbmouse
X_MOUSE_DEVICE = /dev/input/mice

Now if I list both of those under the same thin client in lts.conf won't
the MODULE_0X conflict with each other?  Or should I add this in like
so:

Printer and Mouse:
MODULE_01 = usb-ohci
MODULE_02 = printer
PRINTER_0_DEVICE = /dev/usb/lp0
PRINTER_0_TYPE = S
MODULE_03 = usb-ohci
MODULE_04 = mousedev
MODULE_05 = usbmouse
X_MOUSE_DEVICE = /dev/input/mice

I hope what I am asking is clear.  If the latter is correct would I
continue onto MODULE_06 - whatever to add say a keyboard and USB
Keychain drive as long as I have enough ports or a usb hub?  If the
prior setup is correct is there a limit to how many MODULE sequences I
can have or are available USB ports my only limitation?

Thanks,

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188