Re: [K12OSN] USB Device Support on thin clients

Jim,

I just upgraded to LTSP 4.1 last week, and usb mice/keyboards seem to be autodetected (if you are using LTSP 4.1).  For usb keychain drives, the wiki has a couple of ways of using them.  LTSP doesn't yet support them as local drives (but supposedly it is very close to doing so).  You should only need to load a given module once as far as I know, so usb-ohci can be loaded just once.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

> This may be a stupid question but here it goes :-)
>
> What do I do if I want to configure more than one usb device on a thin
> client? Say I want a printer and a mouse, individually they would be
> setup as follows:
>
> Printer:
> MODULE_01 = usb-ohci
> MODULE_02 = printer
> PRINTER_0_DEVICE = /dev/usb/lp0
> PRINTER_0_TYPE = S
>
> Mouse:
> MODULE_01 = usb-ohci
> MODULE_02 = mousedev
> MODULE_03 = usbmouse
> X_MOUSE_DEVICE = /dev/input/mice
>
> Now if I list both of those under the same thin client in lts.conf won't
> the MODULE_0X conflict with each other? Or should I add this in like
> so:
>
> Printer and Mouse:
> MODULE_01 = usb-ohci
> MODULE_02 = printer