Re: [K12OSN] {Spam?} Opportunity

Tim,

Just found out yesterday they are sending me even though I am independently contracted.
I'll bring a Neoware(was $200 a yr ago) and YEStation Mini($270 at current MSRP) with me if you like...TC's I bought to demo.

--Huck

Tim Kaldahl wrote:

I am helping put a tech coordinator's meeting together for all of the I.T. in the Seventh-Day Adventist School system in at the end of this month. (Is PAA sending you Huck?) My main contribution is going to be to set up a K12LTSP Demo. I happened to mention this to my CDW Rep who is also going to be there, and he is excited about the possibility of putting together a package that schools could just buy and have a turnkey network, as well as a list of specs that would go on our extranet for the more adventurous who would build from scratch. I want to make sure I do this right, so I asked if he could possibly bring a thin client to demo the K12 system. What could you recommend as a thin client? CDW of course is interested in selling them, so the rep asked if the HP T5300 would work. Since it comes pre-loaded with WinCE I'm doubtful, but you would know better than I.

For my demo I am going to be using my Toshiba Laptop (currently running Vector Linux) with 512megs to boot two older laptops (that also work well with Vector Linux). I am going to be very brave and see if one of the people in the audience would be willing to try pxe booting their laptop just to show hw great it is. I am open to (and seeking) any advice from the collective wisdom of this group on do's or don'ts for this demo.

TIA

Tim Kaldahl
Maplewood Academy
I.T. Coordinator