[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.0 Samba Yum Question

I just did a test build of a samba server using the K12LTSP 4.2.0 CD's.  The
samba rpm on the CD's creates a /var/cache/samba directory to save tdb and
dat information whereas the Fedora Core 3 samba rpm on the samba.org site
creates a /var/lib/samba directory.

If I uninstall samba and reinstall from the samba.org rpm, will I have any
later problems with yum updates?

Mark Orenstein
East Granby, CT School System