[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.0 beta #7 & a new mirror

Tim Smith smithco1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:21:47 UTC 2005

I just wanted to throw in my share here... that is, if I understand
the issue properly.

I had problems booting off of the cd for a 4.1.1 ltsp install disk on
my home test system (Dell 400SC) a few months ago. I even tried using
the floppy (boot.iso) disk as supplied from the ltsp iso with still no
love. That floppy was looking for some version of Red Hat, while I was
using a fedora install cd.

My work around was to boot off of a dos disk, navigate to the boot
portion of the cd and execute. Ta da, my install started.

Again, this was a few months ago, so I can't remember every step I did
or every issue I had, but it was a pretty straight forward work
around. I think it was something to do with the Dell's bios and not
the iso's, so I hope this is a handy work around for any one else that
might be having the same problems.

Cheers,
Tim