Re: [K12OSN] BackupPC

Ah, you too Mark?
I've just found the 'unstable' repositories for the debian system I setup yesterday so am 'apt-get install backuppc' as I type...
I do find the documentation rather daunting on setting up host and clients...
Any chance you could wiki your work? I'll be logging my activities as well... hopefully we can reduce the fear the documentation instills.

--Huck

Mark Cockrell wrote:

Just a quick advertisement for BackupPC. After Les Mikesell's frequent recommendations of BackupPC, I decided to give it a try. For anyone else out there who might have been saying "Hmm, I may look into that some day.", do it now! It's an amazingly effective and simple product. I'm seriously considering chunking my $4000+ HP tape system now. For half of that I put together a big, fat RAID array and am now getting over 10 times the storage capacity (thanks partly to BackupPC's pooling system), and it's much faster to boot. I can't say enough good things about it.