Re: [K12OSN] BackupPC

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 13:11, Mark Gumprecht wrote:
> > I'm seriously considering chunking my $4000+ HP tape system
> > now.

You can hang it on the same machine and either do 'archive' runs
where you manually dump a tar image of the last backuppc run
off to tape, or run amanda which also needs minimal operator
intervention and rotate the tapes offsite for disaster recovery.
I still have an amanda cycle running for some of our most
critical machines but haven't restored anything from tape
since finding backuppc and hope I don't have to.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com