RE: [K12OSN] Content Management System ?

Our vote goes for Metadot. http://www.metadot.com

It's simple to use with a WYSIWYG web editor, full of features, and free, of course. And, if you need support you can buy that too.
It has a decent rights management system (Supports LDAP!) built in which most of the CMS tools don't do very well at all. So, you can easily teach your users how to delegate a single web page about school closures to a secretary, for instance.
We've implemented 5 virtual websites on our single server so far. Once you get the first site working, creating a new virtual site for a different school or location takes about 15 minutes. Initial installation was fairly easy, but make sure you install the supplied perl packages from Metadot. Newer libraries can cause problems.
Oh, and did I mention that they actually have decent documentation? They even have some videos online to show users how to do some of the simpler operations!

And, NASA uses it for some of their sites, so it can't be all bad, eh?

Sean Harbour
sharbour nwresd k12 or us

<<winmail.dat>>