Re: [K12OSN] Content Management System ?

I haven'nt heard of Mambo until now, while reading their site I came across this link in the "Is Mambo for me?" section

http://www.opensourcecms.com/

Lists over 20 systems ( I stopped counting) , has advice on how to choose, and you can experiment with each of the systems the systems.

Think I'll be there a while ;-)

Regards
Steve

Doug Gough wrote:

Mambo can be a great solution. I'm learning it now. It's pretty easy to
build templates for, although the CSS stuff is vaguely documented. But
you can install one of a million different free templates and then
modify just the stuff you need to change. Also, there is a million free
and commercial modules for it, so you can do almost anything you can
imagine. One major downside, though, is that it's user rights management
is just barely adequate. There is a hack that let's you connect to LDAP.
It's easy to install if you have the basic apache/mysql/php
configuration on your server.

Doug Gough