[K12OSN] Can't log in as root at all. (Using SMB-LDAP)

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu at orcon.net.nz
Tue Jul 19 05:09:58 UTC 2005

I don't know if I did something but I can't log in as root at all. Not
through su, not through ssh, not from a terminal not from using remote login
with cygwin and not even directly at the server.

The message I get is "Your home directory is listed as: '/home/root' but it
does not appear to exist. Do you want to log in with the / (root) directory
as your home directory? It is unlikely that anything will work unless you
use a failsafe session."

When I choose yes it says, "The system administrator has disabled your
account."

I am using SMB-LDAP.

I need to access the root account. What should I do?