[K12OSN] No Volume Control Elements and/or devices found

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Wed Jul 20 20:13:07 UTC 2005

>Ah, attached is Ubuntu's file that goes here:
>
>/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/schemas/system/gstreamer/0.8/default/%
>gconf.xml
>
>Replacing the default with the one attached, should change the default
>system settings.
>
>-Gadi

Ok, we're getting closer.  I tried a different sound card in the
terminal and now I have sound.  I can't explain that, but I'm not ready
to chase that rabbit just yet.  I now have "ESD" working and get
perfectly synced sound in TuxType.  It was always a bit delayed with
"NASD."  However, I don't have sound in flash or Quicktime.  That's a
big deal for such edutainment sites as starfall.com.  Any further ideas?

--
C-ya,
Mark