[K12OSN] New K12LTSP server - squidGuard doesn't work?

Bill Bardon bill at computassist.com
Tue Jul 5 22:13:29 UTC 2005

I can't get any result from squidGuard.  Following the test procedure at
http://www.squidguard.org/install/ (Step 10), I get only empty output
for all three types of tests.

This is on K12LTSP release 4.4.0-2.

I've tried using my .conf file, and /dev/null.  Results are the same:

---------------
[root at ltsp ~]# /usr/sbin/squidGuard -c /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf < test.pass
            <(--- this is just a blank line! ---)
[root at ltsp ~]#
---------------
[root at ltsp ~]# /usr/sbin/squidGuard -c /dev/null < test.pass
            <(--- this is just a blank line! ---)
[root at ltsp ~]#
---------------

The contents of test.pass:
http://www.computassist.com/ 68.96.25.232/www.computassist.com - GET

My squidGuard.conf file has one acl, set to pass all.  It seems like the
squidGuard program itself isn't working on this box.  I don't think it has
anything to do with ports or addresses at this stage, as I'm testing the
local program, from the command line.   Any suggestions?

--
Bill Bardon
COMPUTASSIST