[K12OSN] Fedora Directory Server? Who has seen it?

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Sun Jul 10 04:51:31 UTC 2005

Ok....I ask this question simply to find out who has had some experience
with it....I will probably check it out Monday at school (where my
sandboxes are).  Who among you has installed or laid eyes upon Fedora
Directory Server?  Does it have a nice GUI?  Is it simple to configure?
And do you configure via command line or GUI?  Henry?  I know you've seen
something...

My concern....FDS may be really cool, but it is at this point Fedora and
Solaris (as well as RH) only.  This makes things interesting if you want
to run Ubuntu servers.....hence the need to keep Samba/LDAP on the front
burner as well.  FDS does pique my interest though.....

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org