[K12OSN] release date

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Tue Jul 12 03:43:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 22:24 -0500, Liam Marshall wrote:
> John Baillie wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 21:29 -0500, Liam Marshall wrote:
> >

> >>is the pre2 versions of the isos for 4.4 going to become the official
> >>version?  If that is so I could start downloading now, then wait for the
> >>word before I burn.  Would that work?

> >Liam,
> >
> >Historically there is usually an updated package or two from Fedora with
> >the final K12 release.
> >
> >You can download the isos now using rsync and then run rsync again at
> >final release to pick up the minor changes quickly. That way when it
> >becomes official you will be ready to burn cds in short order.
> >

> >John

> I don't know how to download using rsync
> Could someone please explain that to me?  I would be downloading on a
> windows machine if that means anything

Liam,

rsync is your friend.

I have never done it but here is a page explaining how to install rsync
on windows.

http://optics.ph.unimelb.edu.au/help/rsync/rsync_pc1.html

Based on your recent post inquiring about print server I see you've got
a Linux box set up. Why not use it to rsync. I'll bet your CD burner is
on the Windows box, but you can always transfer the isos over to it
later. rsync is already to go on your linux box and it is quite easy to
work with.

John